Associate Professor (with tenure) at the University of Montpellier in France, I joined the Institut des Sciences de l’Evolution de Montpellier (ISE-M) in the « Phylogénie et Evolution Moleculaire » team.
I am also currently :
- President of the French Society of Bioinformatics (SFBI)
- Junior member of IUF
- Co-head of the Bioinformatics Learning Lab (BILL)
My research focuses on the study of the impact of the dynamics of transposable elements, one type of DNA repeats, on genome structure, evolution and adaptation bringing together computational and experimental approaches with a particular interest for new sequencing technologies.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Since 2022
- Member of ISBM/ECCB 2023 steering committee
- Promoted as Senior Lecturer.
- Associate Professor (HDR).
- Since 2021
- President of the the French Society of Bioinformatics.
- Junior member of the « University Institute of France » (IUF).
- Since 2020 – Elected member of the board of the French Society of Bioinformatics.
- Since 2019 – Co-head of BioInformatics Learning Lab (BILL) of the Faculty of Science. Montpellier. France.
- Since 2015 – Head of Bioinformatics Master in Montpellier. France.
- 2014-2015 – Co-head of Bioinformatics Master in Montpellier. France.
- 2014-2018 – Elected member of the Faculty of Science council. Montpellier. France.
- Since Sept. 2013 – Assistant professor (lecturer) at the University of Montpellier – Faculty of Sciences. Institute of Evolutionary Sciences of Montpellier (ISE-M), France.
- 2009-2013 – Consultant for a high-speed sequencing data processing and analysis platform. Scale Genomics. California. US.
- Apr. 2008 – Aug. 2013 – Post-doctoral fellow in Population Genomics. Dmitri Petrov lab, Dept. of Biology, Stanford University. California. US.
- Oct. 2004 – March 2008 – PhD student in Genomics, under the supervision of Hadi Quesneville. Laboratory of Genome Dynamics and Evolution – Anxolabéhère Dominique lab. Jacques Monod Institute. Pierre and Marie Curie University (Sorbonne University), France.
- 2003 – 2004 – Master degree in Genetics, Pierre and Marie Curie University (Sorbonne University), France.
- 2002 – 2003 – Licence degree in Bioinformatics, Université Denis Diderot/Paris 7, France.
- 2022-2023 – RIVOC (An initiative of the Occitanie Region to support collective dynamics in the field of infectious risks and vectors) PI Michael Fontaine – member.
- 2021-2026 – University Institute of France (IUF) – head.
- 2020-2021 – CNRS MITI « défi Adaptation du vivant à son environnement » – Project MITES – Monitoring the Impact of Transposable Element activity on genome structure and function, in response to environmental and chemical Stresses – head.
- 2020-2026 – ANR NeGa – Influence of effective population size (Ne) on animal Genome Architecture (Task3 – Head : Tristan Lefebure ) – member.
- 2019 – Take Off#2 (MUSE&FDS) to set up and develop the « Bioinformatics Learning Lab » (BILL) – head.
- 2019-2020 – CNRS MITI – Project MITES – Monitoring the Impact of Transposable Element activity on genome structure and function, in response to environmental and chemical Stresses – head.
- 2017-2020 – Labex CEMEB – Project D-Range – Environmental and evolutionary Drivers of species distributions and RANGE limits – member.
- Since 2015 – Labex NUMEV – master student training – head.
- 2013-2014 – Stanford University – France-US collaboratif funding – Molecular basis of cytoplasmic incompatibility induced by wolbachia in the culex pipiens mosquito complex : Role of transposable elements ?
Current members : 3 PhD candidates, 1 Bioinformatics Engineer.
Former members > 26 students with 1 as PhD students and 2 as post-docs.
ISEM – UMR CNRS-IRD-UM 5554
Université de Montpellier
2 Place Eugène Bataillon
bâtiment 22, RDC, CC065
Cedex 05 – France
+33 (0)4 67 14 47 15
email: anna-sophie.fiston-lavier [at] umontpellier [dot] fr
ORCID : 0000-0002-7306-6532
Web of Science ResearcherID : ABC-4950-2020